ADAGIO I has been lovingly cared for and professionally maintained with absolutely no expense spared. Always stored in indoor heated storage during the winter to keep boat clean and pristine, she is buffed and waxed with paintwork and hull looking great. With many recent upgrades, ADAGIO I is an exceptional, turnkey boat ready for cruising the Great Loop and beyond, and is now in the water in Southern Georgian Bay, Ontario awaiting new owners.
The Whaleback 48 is probably the most spacious yacht of her size ever built. Her popular 3 stateroom / 2 head single level living space is very spacious and make her ideal for family and friends wishing to experience the cruising lifestyle. The large pilothouse is accessible from both the aft deck and the companionway.
The rugged full displacement hull and ease of handling make for a truly capable blue-water cruiser in excellent condition, ADAGIO I is a must see! You will not be disappointed.
Survey completed December 2020 by local SAMS Accredited Marine Surveyor is available with offer. Full and extensive service records available for new owner.
Solid hand laid PPG combo mat fiberglass below the waterline with closed cell P.V.C. sandwich core used in the topsides. End-grained balsa-cored superstructure, pilothouse and boat deck. Core mat is also used to reduce print-through. Vinylester resin used in first two laminates below the waterline. Exterior Finish U.S. Ferro gelcoat, 3M 5200 sealants used at hull to deck and boat deck joints. Marine plywood bulkheads with mahogany stringers and frames, glassed in place and encased in fiberglass.
Updated soft goods throughout, the main saloon is spacious and bright with large opening windows (3) and double doors leading in from the fully covered aft deck.
To starboard is custom cabinetry that houses the bar, glassware and supplies, plus two Ekornes “Stressless” Leather recliners for a cozy home feel.
To port is a U-shaped settee with folding table and a teak entertainment center with built in projector screen.
There is a large 42" Panasonic flat-screen TV with BOSE 5.1 surround sound and DVD player with an extra zone added for the cockpit (with on/off capability) mounted on the forward port side bulkhead.
Located forward of the saloon on the starboard side. Appointments include:
- NEW LG 110v refrigerator/freezer with stainless steel door panels
- Force 10 3-burner propane stove with oven
- GE Profile convection microwave oven
- Corian “Sahara” counter tops and sink
- Broan trash compactor
- Miele dish washer
- Custom cabinetry lighting
- Under counter lighting
The master stateroom is forward and features a centerline queen berth with custom mattress, linens and pillows, large en-suite head with stall shower, two large, lighted hanging lockers, generous drawer and bilge storage, two opening hatches with screens and black-out panels, 4 opening ports with blackout curtains and vanity with swing-out seat.
The en-suite head features a separate stall shower with teak grate and bi-fold door, glass and ceramic tile backsplash and custom under-cabinet lighting. The commode is a freshwater Vacuflush. There is a linen locker as well as additional bulk storage for paper products.
Port Guest Stateroom
The large port side guest cabin features a convertible settee arrangement, and the berth includes a custom mattress. There is a large opening window and also an opening port. There is a desk with generous drawer storage, a filing cabinet, ample bookshelves, a Pullman berth and a hanging locker.
Starboard Guest Stateroom
The starboard guest stateroom is forward of the guest head and offer a settee berth, a Pullman berth, hanging locker, opening port, bookshelves, plus a desk with drawer storage.
There is a guest head to starboard with Vacuflush head, a stall shower and opening port, glass and ceramic tile backsplash and under cabinet lighting.
The pilothouse will make you feel as though you are on a ship and offers 360° visibility to captain and guests. There is a large L-shaped Ultra-leather convertible settee, powder coated aluminum Dutch doors port and starboard, wet bar with NEW Nova Cool R1200 dual voltage fridge and an Ultra-leather Stidd helm chair.
Not only is the pilothouse the command center for ADAGIO I, but it is also the preferred place for family and friends to gather whether underway or at anchor. Morning coffee definitely tastes better in the pilothouse.
Aft deck - The aft deck is truly an extension of the saloon and offers plenty of space for deck furniture. It has a full-length transom door leading to the swim platform.
Boat deck - The boat deck can be accessed from either the aft deck or from the pilothouse Dutch doors. The RIB is easily launched and retrieved with the crane. There are also a pair of upright freezers installed in the midship hold, perfect for extending your provisions and time away from shore.
Fore deck - The fore deck is entered through a door in the Portuguese bridge and allows easy access to the bow pulpit and dual anchors. There is abundant storage in the Portuguese bridge.
- 42" Panasonic flat-screen TV in the saloon
- HD DVD / CD player
- BOSE 5.1 Surround Sound
- Intellian Satellite Dish
- Separate stereo in the pilothouse
The electronics onboard have been upgrades with great care and detail to give the captain confidence in a robust and reliable charting system.
- Furuno DRS4D Radar Array
- Furuno TZTL12F 12” Touchscreen Chartplotter
- Furuno TimeZero PC, custom mounted and integrated with TZ Touch Chartplotter
- Furuno GP-39 GPS Navigator
- Furuno RD 30 knot meter / depth / temp
- Simrad AP22 Autopilot with AP21 Remote
- iCOM IC-M710 radio with hailer
- ICOM IC-M604 VHF radio
- Saloon VHF radio
Engine and Machinery
- Caterpillar 3208NA 210 hp diesel
- 2nd Engine alternator
- ABI-TRAC hydraulic stabilizers with Touchscreen Controls
- American 24 volt / 12 hp electric bow thruster
- MAX 24 volt / 10hp electric stern thruster
- Dual Racor fuel filters with vacuum gauge
- Algae-X fuel filter for main and generator
- Oil change system
- Fuel polishing system (80 gph)
- Water maker with auto flush
- High water bilge alarm
- Fuel transfer pump
- Hydraulic engine controls
- Sight gauges on fuel tanks
- Northern Lights® 12 kw generator - 3817 hrs
- 2 – 12 volt 8D series GEL in bilge below forward cabin for bow thruster
- Two bank of six 6 volt batteries dedicated to dual Magnum MS2812 Inverters
- 2 – 12 volt 8D series in boxes at starboard side of engine compartment
- 2 – 12 volt 8D series in lazarette
- Shore power inlets fore and aft
- 4 Zone - 2 / 30,000 BTU CruiseAir reverse cycle air conditioning system with controls in the galley/saloon, master stateroom, port guest cabin and pilothouse.
- 2001 Rendova RIB w/25HP Yamaha
- Manual remote control spotlight
- ES1000 power rotating hydraulic davit
- Built-in washer and dryer
- Freeman pilothouse welded aluminum Dutch doors
- Maxwell 2200 anchor windlass (Comprehensive windlass service has been completed)
- Manson Boss anchor with 250' chain
- Supermax anchor with chain and rode
- Anchor snubber
- Off-shore life raft in in Pilothouse
- Custom Sun shades on all windows
- Upgraded two-barrel Kahlenberg air horn
- Custom screens for Pilothouse doors
- NEW Magma SS BBQ with mount.
- Extensive Generator service 2020, running in excellent condition.
Pilothouse teak floors have been refinished and in bristol condition.