Summer Fling is one of the popular 42' Grand Banks Classic Double Cabin Trawlers. These vessels remain the standard by which other trawlers are judged. This two-owner freshwater trawler has been cruising Georgian Bay since delivered new and has been very well-maintained.
Summer Fling is powered by twin Cummins 210 hp diesels which are known for their reliability.
ACCOMMODATIONS AND LAYOUT
Summer Fling sleeps four in two private cabins plus two in the salon. The interior features beautifully finished handcrafted teak joiner work and varnished teak parquet floors throughout. The headroom in the salon and guest stateroom is 6'-4", 6'-3" in the master stateroom.
Upon entering the salon from the port side deck, there is a settee with an entertainment center aft to port, an L-shaped dining area and a folding table across to starboard, lower helm with side deck access door starboard forward, and galley forward to port. There are opening side and aft windows with screens for excellent light, ventilation and visibility. Engine room access is via salon sole hatches and a door forward from forward cabin.
The L-shape galley has many nice features, including:
- Propane cooktop and oven
- Microwave oven
- Large fridge with new refrigeration unit
- Separate freezer with new refrigeration unit
- Molded-in large sink
- Numerous storage cabinets and drawers
- Slide for additional counterspace
The master stateroom aft features a centerline queen size berth, nightstands, reading lights, opening side windows with screens, aft hatch to the aft deck, desk/vanity, drawers and cabinets, shelves, two hanging lockers, and separate head and shower areas.
The guest stateroom is forward and provides a v-berth with storage and insert, overhead hatch with screen, opening side windows, reading lights, storage drawers and cabinets, hanging locker, shelf, and an ensuite head.
The lower helm is starboard forward in the salon and features a double helm seat and convenient side deck access door. All main switch panels are within easy reach.
The flybridge is finished with teak decking and offers a bimini fore and aft bench seats on each side with storage under the console, and spacious L-shaped seating with storage and a table aft.
There are teak steps from the port side deck to access the flybridge. The aft deck is finished with teak decking, and provides lazarette access, transom gate and a deck storage box.
ENGINE AND MECHANICAL
- Twin Cummins 5.9L Inline - 6 (210HP) with approximately 2,500 hours
- Onan 8kW Generator with approximately 2,000 hours
- Dual reverse cycle air conditioning/heating system
- Victron Energy Plus 12 Volt 3000VA 120A Inverter
- 6 x 6 Volt Inverter battery bank
- 2 x 8D, 1 x 4D Batteries
- Electric heads
DECK AND MISC EQUIPMENT
- Anchor windlass with foot controls and controls at each helm
- Rocna anchor with all-chain rode
- Bruce anchor with chain and rode
- Stainless steel anchor rollers
- Teak deck
- Stainless steel rails on teak cap rails
- Foredeck storage box
- Stainless steel deck hardware
- Raw water washdown forward
- Boarding gate each side and at transom
- Fresh water hot/cold shower and fresh water wash down aft
- Teak swim platform at transom with teak and stainless steel swim ladder
- Numerous spares
- Covers for cap rails
2006 Zodiac 340 DL with 40HP Honda w/ Dragon Fly4 Chartplotter FIshfinder and Trailer Included
Please come and inspect this immaculate Grand Banks 42. You will not be disappointed. If you are looking for a Classic Trawler in first-class condition, this is the one.
Thank you for your interest.